Our First Government — Our Founding Fathers — thought any sort of restrictions on the right to keep and bear arms aka “gun control” such an HORRENDOUSLY BAD IDEA that they imposed an absolutely and unequivocal prohibition against ANY and ALL infringements on the right to keep and bear arms when they penned, passed, signed, and ratified the following:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
In case you never went to school, took Civics, studied Government or History or, unfathomably, read the U.S. Constitution, I’ll repeat it for your edification: “The right of the people to keep and bear Arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.”
And in case you failed to read the Constitution, failed Civics, failed Government or failed History, the United States Congress published a Report on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms in 1982.
That’s not some “minor issue.” It’s the SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND:
For some unfathomable reason, however, perhaps because they’re CROOKED AS HELL, politicians seem to have (conveniently) forgotten the fact that Amendments are every bit as much the United States Constitution as was the original:
Again, for some unfathomable reason (crooked), many people in governments at all local, county, state and federal levels appear to have FAILED ENGLISH. Repeatedly. Obviously, if they hadn’t failed English, they would understand the meaning of the word, “shall,” and it’s antithesis, “shall not.” I explained this term full well in a recent article entitled, US Constitution’s use of the word “SHALL”
With these precepts in mind, I and about 274 MILLION other Americans (83%) who support the right of citizens to keep and bear arms arrived at the following conclusion:
Any and ALL so-called “laws” that violate our Second Amendment are NULL AND VOID.
Certainly all those who have framed written constitutions contemplate them as forming the fundamental and paramount law of the nation, and consequently the theory of every such government must be, that an act of the legislature, repugnant to the constitution, is void.—?Marbury, 5 U.S. at 177.
Or, as the Cornell Law School reports of the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision on page 180:
…the particular phraseology of the Constitution of the United States confirms and strengthens the principle, supposed to be essential to all written Constitutions, that a law repugnant to the Constitution is void, and that courts, as well as other departments, are bound by that instrument.
You heard it correctly: ALL legislators, governors, and courts are BOUND to the Constitution, such that ANY and ALL laws they may pass repugnant to the Constitution ARE VOID.
Thus, the next time some crackpot politician even HINTS at more gun control as a mind-bogglingly STUPID way to curb violent crime (HINT to the Governors of California, Colorado and Virginia) just ask them the following question: “Excuse me, Ma’am or Sir, but…
Was that “RATIFIED by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States or by Conventions in three fourths thereof?”
If not, THEN IT IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL.
AS PER SUPREME COURT MANDATE – IT IS NULL AND VOID.
If they get that deer in the headlights look, ask them again:
WAS YOUR ANTI-GUN/GUN CONTROL LAW RATIFIED BY THE LEGISLATURES OF THREE FOURTHS OF THE SEVERAL STATES OR BY CONVENTIONS IN THREE FOURTHS THEREOF???
If it wasn’t so ratified, then their anti-gun and/or “gun control” legislation is NULL AND VOID, hold NO force of law, NO LEGAL requirement to be followed WHATSOEVER as the Constitution itself provides only ONE means of countermanding an Amendment, and that’s to pass another Amendment.
Even if the Dems took the House, the Senate and the White House, they would NEVER obtain ratification.
MOREOVER, it has long been and always will be the DUTY of ALL of the following to by oath or affirmation support the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic:
- The Chief Executive Officer of the United States of America aka The President of the United States of America (Article VI, Article II)
- ALL Congressional Senators (Article VI, Article I)
- ALL Congressional Representatives (Article VI, Article I)
- ALL Federal Judicial Officers (Article VI, Article III)
- ALL State Governors aka Executive Officers (Article VI)
- ALL State Senators (Article VI)
- ALL State Representatives (Article VI)
- ALL State Judges (Article VI)
- ALL Local, County, State and Federal Law Enforcement Officers (CFRs, State Code, County Code, Local Code)
- ALL Sworn Public Officials of any and all kinds
- ALL Military Officers (UCMJ)
- ALL Military Warrant Officers (UCMJ)
- ALL Military Enlisted Members (UCMJ)
- ALL Naturalized Citizens (8 U.S.C. § 1427(a) (“Requirements of naturalization”); see also 8 U.S.C. § 1429 (“Prerequisite to naturalization; burden of proof”); 8 U.S.C. § 1452 (“Certificates of citizenship or U.S. non-citizen national status; procedure”); 8 U.S.C. § 1503 (“Denial of rights and privileges as national”).
- ALL Citizens of the United States of America (USCIS. (2014). The Citizen’s Almanac. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Retrieved from here), and more).
In case this didn’t quite penetrate your brain, absent any restriction specifically applying the Second Amendment to ONLY to the federal government (there is NONE, as SCOTUS has repeatedly decided), THE SECOND AMENDMENT APPLIES TO ALL LOCAL, COUNTY AND STATE GOVERNING BODIES AS WELL.
“Shall not be infringed” means just that: SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.
Not big enough for you?
Didn’t think so.