The rising tide of red flag laws does not bode well for the United States of America. Not only are they fraught with many potential avenues of failure and abuse, they’re also highly ineffectual, stopping less than 1/10th of 1% of their intended targets — a statistically and absurdly tiny fraction of the problem.
For the first time in many years, I’m at a loss for world. These proposals and the laws that have made the books are so ridiculously, unbelievably mind-bogglingly STUPID that I don’t know where to begin.
So, let’s begin at the beginning, with our United States Constitution. Here’s a couple of key points:
– The States were already in power at the time they agreed to join the Union. They already had powers. They still do.
– The Constitution specifically delineated a few key powers to the federal government and normalized relations between the States, primarily in the areas of commerce and common defense.
– Just in case anyone forgot that the people and the States retain the lion’s share of authority, our Founding Fathers included Amendments IX and X in our Bill of Rights:
Amendment IX: The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
Amendment X: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
– Amendments to the Constitution become integral parts of the Constitution itself. As the Constitution itself declares in Article. V., “shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution.”
– Between December 7, 1787, and May 29, 1790, all thirteen states ratified the Constitution.
-Subsequently, whenever a territory has applied to become a State, they do so with the full knowledge of and consent to the U.S. Constitution.
– One of the rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights, proposed in 1789 and duly ratified by the states on December 15, 1791, is “the right of the people to keep and bear arms.” Our Founding Fathers were so adamant about protecting this right they added an absolute: “shall not be infringed.” Moreover, this isn’t merely about restricting Congress from passing laws, as stated in the First Amendment. Rather, it applies to the states, as well, and on December 15, 1791, all United States at the time become party to it, whereas all subsequent States became party to it when they applied for statehood.
WHERE WE ARE NOW
Sadly, instead of focusing on legitimate, science-based policing, these red flag laws throw that science out the window, criminalizing gun ownership itself, in a flagrant and very dangerous violation of the “shall not be infringed” clause of the Second Amendment i.e. the U.S. Constitution.
As President Trump began to speak, it began to rain. In the Bible, torrential rains are a curse. Light, even rains are a blessing.
I will make them and the places all around My hill a blessing; and I will cause showers to come down in their season; there shall be showers of blessing. – Ezekiel 34:26
The rain that fell on President Trump and the others in attendance today was light. It was sweet. It was cool, but not cold. It was refreshing, almost as refreshing as the words uttered by our new President.
The rain was a blessing, as were the words spoken by Donald J Trump, 45th President of the United States of America:
Chief Justice Roberts, President Carter, President Clinton, President Bush, President Obama, fellow Americans and people of the world, thank you.
We, the citizens of America, are now joined in a great national effort to rebuild our country and restore its promise for all of our people.
Together, we will determine the course of America and the world for many, many years to come. We will face challenges. We will confront hardships. But we will get the job done.
Every four years we gather on these steps to carry out the orderly and peaceful transfer of power.
And we are grateful to President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama for their gracious aid throughout this transition.
They have been magnificent.
Today’s ceremony, however, has a very special meaning because today we are not merely transferring power from one administration to another or from one party to another, but we are transferring power from Washington, D.C., and giving it back to you, the people.
For too long, a small group in our nation’s capital has reaped the rewards of government while the people have bore the cost. Washington flourished, but the people did not share in its wealth. Politicians prospered but the jobs left and the factories closed.
The establishment protected itself, but not the citizens of our country. Their victories have not been your victories. Their triumphs have not been your triumphs. And while they celebrated in our nation’s capital, there was little to celebrate for struggling families all across our land.
That all changes starting right here and right now, because this moment is your moment.
It belongs to you.
It belongs to everyone gathered here today and everyone watching all across America.
This is your day.
This is your celebration.
And this, the United States of America, is your country.
What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people.
January 20th, 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again.
The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer. Everyone is listening to you now. You came by the tens of millions to become part of a historic movement, the likes of which the world has never seen before.
At the center of this movement is a crucial conviction that a nation exists to serve its citizens. Americans want great schools for their children, safe neighborhoods for their families and good jobs for themselves.
These are just and reasonable demands of righteous people and a righteous public.
But for too many of our citizens, a different reality exists.
Mothers and children trapped in poverty in our inner cities, rusted out factories scattered like tombstones across the landscape of our nation.
An education system flush with cash but which leaves our young and beautiful students deprived of all knowledge.
And the crime and the gangs and the drugs that have stolen too many lives and robbed our country of so much unrealized potential. This American carnage stops right here and stops right now.
We are one nation, and their pain is our pain.
Their dreams are our dreams, and their success will be our success. We share one heart, one home and one glorious destiny.
The oath of office I take today is an oath of allegiance to all Americans.
For many decades we’ve enriched foreign industry at the expense of American industry, subsidized the armies of other countries while allowing for the very sad depletion of our military.
We’ve defended other nations’ borders while refusing to defend our own. And we’ve spent trillions and trillions of dollars overseas while America’s infrastructure has fallen into disrepair and decay.
We’ve made other countries rich while the wealth, strength and confidence of our country has dissipated over the horizon.
One by one, the factories shuttered and left our shores with not even a thought about the millions and millions of American workers that were left behind.
The wealth of our middle class has been ripped from their homes and then redistributed all across the world. But that is the past, and now we are looking only to the future.
We assembled here today are issuing a new decree to be heard in every city, in every foreign capital and in every hall of power. From this day forward, a new vision will govern our land.
From this day forward, it’s going to be only America first, America first. Every decision on trade, on taxes, on immigration, on foreign affairs will be made to benefit American workers and American families. We must protect our borders from the ravages of other countries making our product, stealing our companies and destroying our jobs.
Protection will lead to great prosperity and strength. I will fight for you with every breath in my body, and I will never ever let you down.
America will start winning again, winning like never before.
We will bring back our jobs.
We will bring back our borders.
We will bring back our wealth, and we will bring back our dreams.
We will build new roads and highways and bridges and airports and tunnels and railways all across our wonderful nation.
We will get our people off of welfare and back to work, rebuilding our country with American hands and American labor.
We will follow two simple rules: Buy American and hire American.
We will seek friendship and goodwill with the nations of the world, but we do so with the understanding that it is the right of all nations to put their own interests first.
We do not seek to impose our way of life on anyone, but rather to let it shine as an example.
We will shine for everyone to follow.
We will re-enforce old alliances and form new ones and unite the civilized world against radical Islamic terrorism, which we will eradicate completely from the face of the earth.
At the bedrock of our politics will be a total allegiance to the United States of America, and through our loyalty to our country we will rediscover our loyalty to each other.
When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice.
The Bible tells us how good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity. We must speak our minds openly, debate our disagreements honestly, but always pursue solidarity. When America is united, America is totally unstoppable. There should be no fear. We are protected and we will always be protected. We will be protected by the great men and women of our military and law enforcement. And most importantly, we will be protected by God.
Finally, we must think big and dream even bigger. In America, we understand that a nation is only living as long as it is striving. We will no longer accept politicians who are all talk and no action, constantly complaining but never doing anything about it.
The time for empty talk is over. Now arrives the hour of action.
Do not allow anyone to tell you that it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America. We will not fail. Our country will thrive and prosper again.
We stand at the birth of a new millennium, ready to unlock the mysteries of space, to free the earth from the miseries of disease, and to harness the energies, industries and technologies of tomorrow.
A new national pride will stir ourselves, lift our sights and heal our divisions. It’s time to remember that old wisdom our soldiers will never forget, that whether we are black or brown or white, we all bleed the same red blood of patriots.
We all enjoy the same glorious freedoms and we all salute the same great American flag.
And whether a child is born in the urban sprawl of Detroit or the windswept plains of Nebraska, they look up at the same night sky, they fill their heart with the same dreams and they are infused with the breath of life by the same almighty creator.
So to all Americans in every city near and far, small and large, from mountain to mountain, from ocean to ocean, hear these words: You will never be ignored again. Your voice, your hopes and your dreams will define our American destiny. And your courage and goodness and love will forever guide us along the way.
Together we will make America strong again, we will make America wealthy again, we will make America proud again, we will make America safe again.
And, yes, together we will make America great again.
God bless you.
And God bless America
~ ~ ~
Franklin Graham was one of three individuals who gave the closing prayer. He shared an appropriate and relevant verse for our nation’s new leader:
“I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people—for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.” – 1 Tim 2:1-4
In the same vein, when you’re faced with the situation depicted by this graphic, we find three different corners of a very similar and similarly dysfunctional triangle, only this time, the dysfunction doesn’t stop at family arguments, but dives all the way down to the deep destruction of society itself.
Regardless of where others want to put you on the triangle — persecutor, victim, or rescuer — the only sane, safe place in the world is OFF the triangle.
In this case, the corner of political correctness represents egalitarianism (the Rescuer), while Islam represents (obviously) the Victim. Both of them paint common-sense Constitutionalism — the glue that’s held our society together for more than two centuries against all odds foreign and domestic — as the “persecutor.”
Yes, folks, the powers assailing our nation right now are painting “that which is good” as evil, and “that which is evil” as good.
Remind you of a Bible verse or three? It certainly does me. Google it. Look it up.
Remember – on the Karpman Drama Triangle, the roles don’t always coincide with what they actually are, but rather, with what they portray themselves to be, as well as what others portray them to be. The persecutor often portrays themselves as the victim, while rescuers often get tired of rescuing, and turning on the “victims” that take advantage of them time and time again, they wind up being the persecutors, even though the only thing they’re trying to do is get off the damned triangle.
Thus, both the politically correct “rescuer” i.e. every liberal bleeding heart FOOL on the planet, as well as the Satanically manipulative Islamic adherent and self-painted “victim,” will always paint honest, God-fearing Americans as their “persecutor” in order to undermine their position and eradicate their idea of an “enemy opposition.”
So, here’s a thought: STOP BUYING IN TO THEIR BULLSHIT.
Islam is NOT the victim – they ARE THE PERSECUTOR.
America is NOT the rescuer – we ARE THE VICTIM.
We the People are NOT the persecutor – WE ARE THE…
Almost caught you, didn’t I?
You see how this goes? The only way off this ridiculously fucked-up merry-go-round is to get OFF the quite literally God-damned merry-go-round and call it like you see it.
Here’s a sample:
1. Islam is an insanely screwed up philosophy, so much so that murders committed under the name of Islam have far, far eclipsed those by any and all other sources combined, including Hitler, Mao, Stalin, and many more. To date, Islam is responsible for more deaths than World Wars I and II combined.
2. Those who side with Islam are rescuers looking for a cause without knowing what the hell they’re getting into.
3. We the People — OF ALL NATIONS — Need to GET OFF THE DAMNED TRIANGLE and stop worrying about who might be offended and instead, start addressing the simple matter of what’s right vs what’s wrong in this world of ours today, the same as every other day.
A. STOP being a “victim:” Get OFF the DDT.
B. STOP being a “rescuer.” Get OFF the DDT.
C. STOP being a “persecutor.” Get OFF the DDT.
Here’s a thought: Start calling what’s wrong, WRONG, and start calling what’s right, RIGHT. There ARE absolute rights and wrongs in this world, and it’s high time We the People pull our heads out of our asses and start ACTING like we have a pair.
Write your Congressman. Stop asking and START DEMANDING. Demand your Congressmen adhere to their oath of office to support and defend the Constitution. If they refuse, demand they be tossed out on the street. Demand our Constitution reign supreme as our Founding Fathers intended and for damned good reason.
Demand our country back. Demand those who would take it away from us be deported, unless they hold government office, at which point you should demand they be held liable and accordingly punished for treason.
Demand your rights as the “Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle” you! (Declaration of Independence)
This is YOUR country, people. PROTECT IT!!!
And may God Bless America!
In case you’ve forgotten, or are one of the pinheaded, brain-dead numbnuts who’ve swallowed Satan’s lie that this is somehow some pathetically ignorant conspiracy theory, I say this: Pull your head out of your ass and get on with reality, real life, and start embracing the truth, for as our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and our God throughout his Word reminded us, the truth shall set you free.
The world is, yet again, going to hell because of the ridiculous and over-indulged “sensibilities” of the bleeding heart, politically correct liberal left.
Being the practical individual I am, I am most concerned with how America can restore our country!
The simplest answer involves a three-pronged approach:
1. Educate everyone. Despite the media’s best attempts to keep the masses in the leftist dark, the Internet has provided a grand pathway to sway the tide. We the People, as I collectively call all Americans who support and defend the Constitution, have made very good use of the Internet over the last eight years doing just that. We didn’t do enough to sway the 2012 elections, but with 60% of conservatives sitting on their butts instead of voting in the polls.. That’s another story. In the meantime, Nielsen ratings for mainstream media are down across the board as Americans grow more disillusioned, waking up one after another to the reality that idealism doesn’t put food on the table. The fact that a number of well-known Democrats have pledge their support for Trump, by far the most Constitutionally-oriented GOP candidate, reflects the change of America’s heart, even among the left.
2. Use key Constitutional points such as those listed in the Bill of Rights as a bellwether. If candidates haven’t fully supported the Constitution as it’s written, then we cannot reasonably expect them to adhere to their oaths of office to “support and defend the Constitution.” Such candidates should never be allowed to hold public office. If they’re currently in office, vote them out. If they’re aspiring to office, use these bellwethers as a score card and vote only for those candidates whose track record is most closely aligned with the Constitution.
3. Aggressively pull the rug out from beneath those who believe otherwise, revealing their folly for all to see in a clear, concise, easily understood manner. Some of these people are idiots, while others are brilliant (aside from their political discombobulations). Some actually believe what they’re saying, either out of idealism or ignorance, while others push the mantra in support of their own and/or certain collective agendas. Regardless, their efforts have proven hugely damaging to our country, and exercising the first of our Bill of Rights en masse is the most effective way to pull the rug out from beneath them. Exercising the second of our Bill of Rights en masse is the most effective way of protecting the rest of our rights, not to mention life, limb, and property, against both ordinary criminals as well as extraordinary criminals such as the seven militants who murdered 129 Parisians as of last count. To date, they and others like them have murdered more than 270 million people over the last 1,400 years. That’s 528 people per day, and more than nine times the total death toll racked up by Stalin and Hitler combined.
Back to the good, old, U.S. of A., we’re not currently headed down a viable long-term road, at least not collectively. Some states have bucked the trend, and they’re doing just fine.
When it comes to running a country well, you need two things:
Patriots: These people have their priorities in order: God, Country, and Family. They also aren’t afraid to back down from a fight. In fact, if you attack one or more of their priorities, a fight is exactly what you’ll get. Unlike Demoncraps and Libturds (Democrats and Liberals), Patriots will not compromise on essential principles, nor are they in the game just for themselves.
Without Patriots, the United States of America would never have been created, nor would we have survived, much less thrived as a country.
Businessmen: These folks understand the hard, cold realities of business, where companies don’t have the luxury of raising prices without competition (i.e. raising taxes) every time they need to cover their ineptitude. Instead, they learn, often the hard way, to get it right. In big business, you don’t just balance budgets. You’re always looking for ways to do things better, smarter, and cheaper, because that’s what it takes to stay in business and remain competitive with the ever-innovative competition.
Trump’s advantage over Hillary is two-fold: First, he’s a LOT smarter than Obama, whereas Hillary is probably on par with Obama. Valerie Jarrett is just plain wrong on that point. Obama is an idealistic imbecile. The fact that Jarrett sees him as “brilliant” doesn’t say much about Jarrett. Do we really need four years of the same? Should we risk eight? Yeah, I don’t think so!
Second, when Patriots and Businessmen run our country, we thrive. We prosper. When Lawyers and Career Politicians run our country, they run it into the ground because they haven’t the slightest clue as to how to run a country.
Have you ever examined what’s on the curricula of most political science degrees? This is the most common degree obtained by both lawyers and politicians before going to law school or entering politics. It’s ridiculous! It’s all but totally void of common business functions such economics, accounting, and finance, much less any technological aspect such as math, physics, chemistry, biology, and engineering.
Lacking the proper education, most lawyers and career politicians are clueless. They know how to write law, but they don’t know what laws should be written. They know how to politic their way up through the political system, but when it comes to making decisions that actually benefit society, they are literally without a clue, and are often driven by the ridiculous liberal propaganda, which is little more than a retread of the Communist Manifesto, itself craft by a blithering idiot and ignorant idealist named Marx who never once found any modicum of success in his own life.
That’s a valid source for how to run a country? I think not! Any historian could tell you that!
Sadly, not only do we have such lawyers and career politicians embedded throughout our government, but we also have far to many ignorant voters who simply never learned why such policies are bad, no matter how good they sound. As a result, these voters keep reelecting the blithering idiots back into office.
That’s no way to run a country, people. Come on – wise up!