Joe Biden recently said, “No ordinary American cares about their Constitutional rights.”
I beg to differ. In fact, if you were to ask any ordinary American if they would accept the following infringements upon their rights, I guarantee you that more than 95% of them would respond with a huge “HELL NO!”
1. The government would establish a single religion; alternatively, they would ban religion altogether, including the People’s freedom to practice their own religion.
2. The government would restricts or removes the ability of the People to speak or write freely about any issue.
3. The government would restrict the right of all media to report the truth, and instead feed them the government’s version of the truth.
4. The People would no longer be free to assemble. They would be require to obtain permits for all events outside gatherings of immediate family members.
5. The People would no longer be allowed to keep (own) and bear (carry) arms, the most powerful defense against despots and governmental tyranny.
6. The Government would force the People to house and feed armed “peacekeepers” any time the government so orders.
7. The Government would no longer require a warrant to stop the People, search their persons, vehicles, and homes, and seize anything they so desired, without a warrant or any legal recourse whatsoever.
8. People would be held against their will, indefinitely, to answer for a serious crime merely on the whim of the government.
9. People could be tried for the same crime over and over again, no matter how many times they were acquitted.
10. People would be compelled to bear witness against themselves.
11. People would be deprived of life, liberty, and property without due process of law. Forfeiture of private property and its sale to add to the government coffers would become routine.
12. People could await trial indefinitely, particularly if the government thinks they “have their man” — even when they don’t — but their case is so weak it wouldn’t hold up.
13. People could be tried in absentia, that is, they would have no right to a legal defense.
14. People could sue one another without any right to a jury trial.
15. The government could impose as high a bail as they wished, including $inifity. Try paying that one as you wait for your trial who’s date has been pushed out to the edge of forever.
16. The government would deny or disparage all remaining rights of the People at will.
17. The government would usurp all states rights and abolish all state governments and programs.
This list is merely from the Bill of Rights. There are 17 other amendments out there, along with hundreds of precepts written into the Constitution itself in order to prevent tyranny here in America.
The idea of “benign totalitarianism” is a MYTH. There never has been a “benevolent dictator” throughout all of history.