Charlie Martin of PJ Media says, “To Reduce Gun Violence, Arm All Americans.” As a 20+ year veteran, 50+ year natural born citizen, and owner and carrier of firearms for 30 years, I wholeheartedly concur.
However, “reducing gun violence” is a false narrative invented by the media. It utterly ignores the far greater problem, by an order of magnitude, of violent crime.
Before I bore you with statistics, however, let me regale you with a clip from a well-known movie:
From Starship Troopers (Clancy Brown was PERFECT for the role):
Ace Levy: Sir, I don’t understand… Who needs a knife in a nuke fight anyway? All you gotta do is push a button, Sir.
Career Sergeant Zim: [Holds up his hand] Cease fire! Put your hand on that wall trooper. [Ace Levy hesitates, looking doubtful] PUT YOUR HAND ON THAT WALL!
[Ace complies; Zim throws a knife and hits Ace’s hand, pinning it to the wall]
Career Sergeant Zim: The enemy can not push a button, if you disable his hand. Medic!
Cut to present times…
The statistical likelihood of a violent criminal completing his attack against you drops to single digits after he’s been shot.
You don’t have to kill him. You should, however, stop him.
Your ability to stop violent criminals rises from single digits to the high 80s or 90s if you’re armed and well-trained (regulated).
In fact, being armed and well-trained (regulated) is necessary to the security of a free state.
Says so right here in our Constitution:
“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.” – Second Amendment to the United States Constitution
ARMED people keep the State FREE!!!
Definitions (for the Constitutionally impaired):
- Well Regulated: Well-Trained, literally, “well-drilled”
- Militia: Armed Citizen capable of defending self, family, community, county, state and country
- Security: Safety, both individually as well as collectively
- Free: Unencumbered
- State: Country
- Right: That to which someone is inherently entitled: ” We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”
- The People: That’s all of us. See Heller…
- Keep: To Own and/or Possess
- Bear: To Carry
- Arms: Firearms, including ammunition of any amount or magazine capacity, as well as knives, spears, slings, bows and arrows, staffs, clubs, etc. Definition of arm (Entry 3 of 5): 1a: a means (such as a weapon) of offense or defense (Merriam-Webster)
- Shall Not: An absolute imperative against something; contrast with may not, which is suggestive, and will not, which is authoritative. An absolute imperative is not up for negotiation or interpretation. It is binding.
- Infringe: to encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another (Merriam-Webster)