This entry came up as a result of a challenge posted elsewhere: “Share, if you would fight to defend freedom.”
Would I fight to defend freedom? Sure, but I would remain within the law to the maximum extent possible.
In 1989, I took the following oath of office as part of my commissioning ceremony towards becoming a Second Lieutenant in the United States Air Force: “I, Steven L. Janss, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”
I am now an honorably-retired veteran. My oath of office, never expires, and I firmly believe, based on his own actions and words, that Obama not eligible to be President, that he is a strong supporter of Islam, that he has illegally funneled billions of our hard-earned tax dollars in support of Islam, that he has aggressively attacked key provisions of civil rights and freedoms in our Constitution, and that as such, he is one of the “domestic enemies” mentioned in my oath of office. I believe most, if not all of the “czars” populating his cabinet and acting as advisers are also domestic enemies, as are many members of Congress, most notably Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, and Diane Feinstein.
The question is, what do we do about it? Well, I’m doing it! I sincerely hope you’ll join me!
1. I’m exercising my freedom of speech as protected under the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. If you’re on FB, Twitter, or run your own blog, you’re exercising that, as well.
2. I’m petition the Government for a redress of grievances as protected under the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. If you’re not writing your Congressmen, you’re not doing your part — they need to hear from you! So please, write them. Let them hear from you!
3. I carry my firearm everywhere I go, as protected under both the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution as well as our State Constitution and those of 48 states in our Union. I often open carry, as protected under our State Constitution, as well as those of 43 other States in our Union. I am thoroughly familiar with the laws of my state with respect it’s carry and use.
4. I will not go on the attack, except via public speaking, e-mail, and letters, or as ordered by Constitutionally lawful authority (i.e if I were recalled into military service, deputized by the local sheriff, etc.). Subject to that, I will adhere to my oath of office and defend my Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. Anyone who threatens me or does me harm in a manner contrary to the U.S. Constitution, its Amendments, and all subsequent laws, will be met with a man who will defend himself, his family, and his property by any and all lawful means necessary.
5. I will love the Lord my God with all my heart, mind, soul, and strength, to the best of my ability.
6. I will care for widows and orphans, to the best of my ability.
7. I will treat others as I would have them treat me.