Here’s a short, two-minute clip which is reasonably indicative of Obama’s entire speech:
Note the accusatory glares, filled with disgust, of both Biden and Boehner after he claims, “I have prohibited torture.”
Note the stony glares of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, those men who are responsible for prosecuting wars and military actions as directed by civilian leaders, but who are also responsible for the lives and safety of the men and women they send into combat or hostile fire areas, when Obama says, “It’s time to close Gitmo.” They, along with the American people, if not people all over the world, know full well that numerous recent terrorist attacks were committed at the hands of some of the Islamic terrorists Obama recently released, not “transferred,” from Gitmo.
Incredibly, Obama makes many other patently false claims in just a little over two minutes:
1. “As Americans, we…” Simply including himself as an American is a lie. He was born in Kenya, as he as let slip many times over the last seven years. He was raised in Indonesia, where he was indoctrinated into Islam and where he learned perfect
2. “I have prohibited torture.” Torture was first outlawed on a global scale by the Treaty of Versailles in 1919, forty-three years before Obama was even born. The U.S. was party to it, as were twenty-seven other countries. We’ve been party to every widespread prohibition against torture ever since.
3. “I have worked to make sure our use of new technology like drones is properly constrained.” This is pure bullshit. He horrendously abused the drone strike option, killing thousands of innocent women and children, because he committed the same mistake as did White House officials during Vietnam: He tried prosecuting the war from the White House. That has never worked. If Obama were actually American, he might have learned that from his history books as I did.
4. “We speak out against the deplorable anti-Semitism that has resurfaced in certain parts of the world.” Since the reformation of Israel in 1947, Obama is the ONLY President who has utterly, overtly, and vehemently refused to support Israel in any fashion whatsoever. Talk about “anti-Semitism…” Sheesh!
5. “We continue to reject offensive stereotypes of Muslims…” And do we continue to reject offensive stereotypes of Christians? Whites? American patriots? Members of our Armed Forces? Sorry, Obama, but you failed on all counts of rejecting offensive stereotype except two: Blacks and Muslims.
6. “The vast majority of Muslims share our commitment to peace.” Wrong. Incontrovertible evidence that upwards of two-thirds of all Muslims supported the 9/11 attacks against the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, the Charlie Hebdo attack in France, the beheading of reporters by the Islamic State, and the countless other attacks by Islam against every category of humanity on the planet.
7. “We defend free speech.” As recently as last week, Obama attempted to slam the lid on any dissent towards his policies or Islam in general.
8. “We condemn the persecution of women.” Really? By supporting Islam, the most flagrant degrader of women on the planet? Obama claims he gave up smoking, but he’s clearly still smoking something, and it’s not tobacco.
9. “We condemn … not only because they are the right thing to do, but because they will make us safer.” As leaders far wiser than Obama have made abundantly clear, “You can have freedom or you can have security. Don’t ever count on having both.” Being “safe” is a false flag. It’s a lure to a trap of bondage wherein we are beholden to our government for “protecting” us. Time to grow up, America. Leave the crib. Get a job. Learn how to honorably support and defend the Constitution of the United States while protecting yourselves and your family against those who would deprive you of life, limb, or property, especially when it’s your own government who is attempting to do so.
10. “It makes no sense to spend $3 million per prisoner to keep open a prison that the world condemns and terrorists use to recruit.” The Islamic world condemns it. Our broad list of allies do not. Furthermore, they use use it to recruit all the want, but it amounts to absolutely nothing, until you start letting them go. Obama let some of the prisoners go, and now he wants to let the rest go, knowing they’ve been recruited. That’s what makes no sense.
11. “Our intelligence agencies have worked hard with the recommendations of privacy acts to increase transparency and build more safeguards against potential abuse.” Bullshit. Respecting our Constitution and its Amendments while severely punishing those who violate “the supreme Law of the Land” is the right way, the only way to guard against potential abuse. We should begin with Obama himself, who willfully turned blind eyes to the privacy-violating antics of the IRS and NSA in recent years.
Obama’s abuse of the State of the Union is heinous. He lies, flagrantly, promises the Moon and stars, and delivers nothing while stumping for personal gain of himself and his close network of co-conspirators.
The State of the Union is mandated by our Constitution, specifically, Article II, Section 3: “He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient.” It is not to be abused as a platform to further the political agenda, one’s party, or one’s personal religious beliefs. Yet that’s precisely how Obama has been abusing it for the last five years.
If the next President of the United States of America says in January of 2017, “I am not here to abuse this venue with political grandstanding, but to give you information on the State of the Union and measures for your consideration,” those words wound be met with five full minutes of a thunderous and standing ovation.