From the New York Post’s, article entitled, Gov. Cuomo admits he was wrong to order nursing homes to accept coronavirus patients: While other governors and mayors have made no such statements that I’m aware, their death-causing decisions and resulting actions have resulted in the deaths of tens of thousands of elderly residents in various retirement, assisted living, and nursing homes throughout the United States.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo has finally admitted — tacitly and partially, anyway — the mistake that was state health chief Howard Zucker’s order that nursing homes must admit coronavirus-positive patients.Post Editorial Board. (May 10, 2020). Gov. Cuomo admits he was wrong to order nursing homes to accept coronavirus patients. New York Post. Retrieved from: https://nypost.com/2020/05/10/cuomo-was-wrong-to-order-nursing-homes-to-accept-coronavirus-patients/
Regardless of how veiled an answer as this might seem or he might think, it appears to me to be a full, legal confession.
Cuomo created the circumstances under which COVID-19 positive people were sent to nursing homes, resulting in wildfire infection rates and tens of thousands of deaths.Whether intentional, negligent, or just jacked-up stupid, it is still murder.
Murder is the unlawful taking of a human life. A more complete definition:
Murder is the unlawful killing of another human without justification or valid excuse, especially the unlawful killing of another human with malice aforethought.
Let’s see where Cuomo’s actions fall on this scale:
- Premeditated murder: You thought about it long enough to plan it i.e. malice aforethought.
- Murder: Without malice aforethought, such as during a robbery gone wrong.
- Depravity: An act committed with the knowledge that it runs an unusually high risk of causing death or serious bodily harm to a person.
- Manslaughter: Killing committed in the absence of malice, brought about by reasonable provocation, or diminished capacity. Includes involuntary manslaughter, killing that lacks all but the most attenuated guilty intent, recklessness.
- Justifiable Homicide: Self-Defense.
I’d assess Cuomo’s actions at the Depravity level, one step more heinous than manslaughter.
The next steps are up to the U.S. Department of Justice:
I and nearly ALL Americans are incredibly sick and tired, if not FED UP with giving public officials a pass for crimes which We the People would spend 20 years in prison.
Cuomo knowingly crammed nursing homes with infected COVID-19 patients, well after multiple announcements by competent public health authorities such as the CDC, the WHO and the U.S. Surgeon General’s Office attesting to COVID-19′ deadliness, particularly among the elderly.
Cuomo’s actions CAUSED their deaths.
Cuomo is WITHOUT EXCUSE.
Cuomo MUST stand trial.
So must ALL OTHERS whose actions resulted in entirely avoidable COVID-19 deaths.