Make no mistake about it: Congressional Demoncraps have passed H.R. 1, the second half of the Demoncrap COUP they began by hijacking the federal election in 2020. Normally, I’d tell you all about it, but I received the following a couple of days ago, and it appears both accurate and on-target.
Senate: This MUST NOT pass.
Congressman Lamborn Opposes H.R. 1
For Immediate Release: March 3, 2021
Contact: Cassandra Sebastian (719) 520-0055
Washington, D.C. – Today, the United States House of Representatives voted on a bill to federalize our nation’s election system. This legislation would create a 6:1 funding match to Congressional campaigns for any small donor contribution of $200 or less. This legislation legalizes ballot harvesting and weaponizes the Federal Election Commission by changing it from a six-member board to a partisan five-member board. In addition, the so-called “For the People Act” would establish a speech czar and allow the IRS to take political party affiliation into consideration when determining tax-exempt status for non-profits.
Congressman Lamborn issued the following statement in opposition to H.R. 1:
“H.R. 1 should be named the “For the Politicians Act.” This massive, 800-page bill would federalize our election system, destroy our First Amendment rights, and completely erode confidence in our election system. Their legislation would legalize ballot harvesting and would force American taxpayers to fund the campaigns of radical Democrats like AOC, Ilhan Omar, and Rashida Tlaib. This bill must never become law. I strongly oppose this dangerous legislation.”
THE TOP TEN MOST EGREGIOUS PROVISIONS OF H.R. 1
1. Publicly funds campaigns with federal fines on corporations. Creates a 6:1 funding match to any small donor contributions of $200 or less in a congressional or presidential campaign – meaning for every $200, the federal government will match $1,200. This funding would come from a surcharge on corporate and high taxpayer settlements with the Federal government. H.R. 1 also establishes a new voucher pilot program that grants eligible voters a $25 voucher to donate to any campaign of their choosing.
2. Nationalizes elections and centralizes administration in Washington, D.C. Oversteps the bounds established by the Constitution by impeding the states’ ability to determine their registration and voting practices, as protected under Article 1, Section 4 of the Constitution, and mandating ethics standards for the Supreme Court, violating the separation of powers.
3. Makes “pandemic-style” election changes permanent. In 2020, states rushed to make changes in the name of COVID-19, like expanding mail-in voting without safeguards to protect ballot integrity, which created chaos, increased irregularities, and undermined public trust in our election process. H.R. 1 makes many of these changes permanent.
4. Imposes liberal California voting methods on every state. H.R. 1 would force states to permanently expand mail-in voting, legalize ballot harvesting, and disregard voter ID laws.
5. Weaponizes the Federal Election Commission (FEC). Alters the current bipartisan makeup of the sixmember commission to a partisan five-member commission and establishes a “Speech Czar”, limiting free speech and creating a partisan commission.
6. Increases vulnerability for foreign election interference. Weakens the voting system of the American people by centralizing the election system, thereby increasing its vulnerability to foreign interference, and failing to implement the necessary checks and balances regarding who can register to vote. H.R. 1 will force states to implement online voter registration, automatic voter registration, and same-day voter registration with no safeguards.
7. Destroys the First Amendment. H.R. 1 would drastically limit free speech and impose vague standards that disadvantage all groups who wish to advocate on behalf of any legislative issue, specifically requiring them to disclose the names of donors who donate above a certain threshold.
8. Disregards state voter identification laws and provisional ballot rules. Forces states to allow sworn statements to be used in place of identification and allowing for signature verification, which can be submitted through a photo if the voter registers online. Forces states to count provisional ballots cast outside of the voter’s correct precinct.
9. Removes states’ ability to decide how their districts are drawn. Mandates the use of independent redistricting commissions for creating congressional districts, removing states’ flexibility to choose the best systems for the needs of their citizens.
10. Weaponizes Biden’s IRS. H.R. 1 permits the agency to investigate and consider the political and policy persuasions of organizations before granting tax-exempt status.